Hear form the farmers involved – what they set out to achieve, how they went about it, and the success and challenges they had.
4WD acess only.
This field day will have an emphasis on:
- Systems to increase performance and improve resilience in dryland farming.
- Establishing and management of high yielding brassica crops for winter, summer and tupping feed.
- Key drivers of high performance from the sheep flock.
- Understanding the land resource to optimise performance.
We will have three high quality guest speakers for the day.
- Wayne Allan from Allan Agriculture: Wayne has been integral in putting in place systems that grow farm businesses and in implementing risk management strategies that provide more robust farming businesses. He is experienced in establishing monitoring and other corporate systems that ensure the required disciplines are in place for a sustainable business. Wayne will be speaking on Sheep performance – sheep for profit.
- Lachie Grant from Land Vision: Specialist in land management consultancy, nutrient management, soil mapping, erosion control, resource consents, land resource inventory and capability mapping, forestry, effluent management.
- Glenn Judson from Agricom: Dr Glenn Judson, Science lead for Agricom and is a specialist in his field. Glenn has done a lot of work around improving legumes in hill country, forage quality and the AgResearch P21 programme.
Find out more
For more information, email Greg Sheppard: firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 027 434 9340