Farming for Profit Day: South Canterbury. Diverse pasture and forage crops
Tuesday, 23 May 2017
1pm-4.30pm: Bill and Shirley Wrights farm. Meet at 778 Cannington Road.
By farmers. For farmers
Come and hear how Bill and Shirley are contributing to research to reduce nitrate leaching by 20% in the Forages for Reduced Nitrate Leaching Research programme.
Bill and Shirley’s use of diverse pastures and forage cropping is a positive story for sheep and beef farmers. Robyn Dynes and her team at AgResearch will demonstrate the win-win with greenhouse gas emissions on the Wright farm.
- 1.00 Introduction and health & safety — Richard Robinson, Facilitator
- 1.10 Farm over view — Bill Wright, Farmer
- 1.20 Farm tour with a couple of stops to look at forage crops and stock
- 3.00 Afternoon tea at the Cave Hall
- 3.15 Charlotte Westwood, PGG Wrightson Seeds: When introducing any new feed or pasture there is the possibility for impact on the animals’ nutrition and health. Charlotte will talk through how to ensure it’s a positive impact!
- 3.45 Robyn Dynes, AgResearch: Robyn will talk about the research they are doing on the Wright farm, the results to date and practical actions farmers can take to make an environmental difference without compromising profit.
- 4.15 Questions and close
- 4.40 BBQ sponsored by Silver Fern Farms, ANZ and Temuka Transport
For more information
Contact Richard and Jacqui Robinson